DevOps Engineer Job Opportunity
Larus Technologies is currently developing end-to-end real-time solutions for the public safety and security industries. This requires on-premise infrastructure and cloud infrastructure to build and test products, run algorithms and deploy systems to customers. As a DevOps Engineer you will maintain the internal infrastructure required for software development as well as plan and deploy customer deployments of Larus products. Most of your time will be spent on premise, however occasional travel may be required. This is a full-time position in Ottawa, Ontario and starts immediately.
As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Management of our Continuous Integration pipeline, ensuring it remains operational, and making necessary updates to improve developer workflow.
- Management of our internal compute and storage resources to support the development and operation of distributed applications.
- Work with the software teams to determine the deployment strategy for Larus products moving forward.
- Work with customer operations staff to deploy Larus products on their site.
- Support existing deployments by working with customer operations staff to resolve issues.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will may be asked to perform the following tasks, in coordination with others:
- Assist in managing managed switches and firewalls.
- Assist in managing our existing backup solution.
- Assist in maintenance of server infrastructure (Active Directory, Virtual Machines, CentOs).
- Assist in the resolution of employee IT issues.
- Assist in the documentation of existing IT infrastructure.
- Experience using and maintaining Linux based servers.
- Experience using virtualization like Hyper-V or VMware.
- Experience with continuous integration system (Jenkins, Bamboo or others).
- Working knowledge of data stores (Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB or others).
- Working knowledge of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, or others).
- Working knowledge of cloud providers (AWS, Azure or others).
- Working knowledge of network configuration (VLANs and Subnetting).
- Self-motivated, proactive, multi-tasking.
- Proven ability to work individually or within a group.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines, plan and prioritize own work.
- 2 years of experience in a DevOps or Software Development role.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.